Santee, California is located near San Diego. This has become a very popular location, especially for people with children who wish to get away from big city life. The area is divided into four neighborhoods: Cottonwood Estates, Prospect Glen, Riverview Office Park, and Riverwalk. Beautiful homes are offered in this area in addition to condominiums, townhouses, and estates.
Children who live in these neighborhoods have the opportunity to attend a school a part of the Santee School District and the Grossmont Union High School District. Currently there are nine public elementary schools and three public high schools operating in the Santee/Grossmont Union High School District.
Elementary (K-8) Schools
(* Top Rated Schools)
- Pepper Drive
- Carlton Hills*
- Sycamore Canyon*
- Prospect Avenue
- Cajon Park
- Chet F. Harritt*
- Carlton Oaks*
- Rio Seco*
- Hill Creek
- Santee Success School
Kindergarten through 8th grade students are all taught at the same location, using different parts of the school property and having different hours. This is different from the separation method used by most school districts.
- West Hills High School
- Santa High School
- Carlton Hills High School
Private & Alternative Schools
- Classroom Creations
- Springall Academy
- Chase Ranch Montesssori School
- Santee Alternative School
- Rivervalley Charter School
- Santee Alternative Home School
- Shepard School (K-12)
The public school a student will attend depends on the neighborhood in which they live. The private schools in the area and alternative home schooling may be selected by the parents. This area offers an excellent well rounded education for children of all ages. Their education can be continued, after high school, with nearby colleges including San Diego State.
Santee Schools Mission Statements
“…Carlton Oaks Elementary School enables every student to reach their highest potential by establishing a curriculum that meets or exceeds government standards for education; providing extracurricular programs that develop children’s’ mental, physical and social skills; and partnering with parents and the community to create an environment geared to the success of all students. ”
“Prospect Avenue Elementary School is committed to equipping students with the tools they need for academic, personal and social achievement …”
“We Support Rising Stars … Our mission is to challenge all students to reach their highest potential while supporting them on their personal journey to excellence …” (Rio Seco School)
Board of Santee School District Goals:
- Assure the highest level of educational achievement for all students.
- Provide a safe, engaging environment that promotes creativity, innovation, and personalized learning
- Financially support the vision, mission, and goals of the District by maximizing resources, controlling expenses, and managing assets to ensure fiscal solvency and flexibility.
- Implement a staff development plan as the cornerstone of employee performance and growth.
- Provide social, emotional, and health service programs, integrated with community resources, to foster student character and personal well-being.