Why is it important to have a plan when you bring the home on the market? Because it can bring in tens of thousands more dollars in your pocket. Kyle goes over why it is so important you have a marketing plan when bring your home to market and shares a little of the trademarked marketing plan Whissel Realty uses.
Hey guys, it’s Kyle with the Whissel Realty Group and today I want to follow up on a previous video we did where previously we talked about the importance of taking your time to get the home ready bring it to the market.
What I want to do today is talk about what to do when your home hits the market, and you’ve got to a plan of attack. Far too often we see realtors list a home the market and then just kind of sit back and be like, “Alright, the hard work’s done.” And then they just sit around and wait for offers to fall from the sky, but that’s not what’s going to get you top dollar. There’s a saying, “First impression is a lasting impression.” Or “you only get one chance to make a first impression.”
That is so true in real estate because when a new home hits the market all the eyeballs are on it. That’s your time to really capitalize. So you need to make sure that your agent has a really solid plan in place when that property comes to the market. At Whissel Realty Group we actually have a trademarked system. It’s called a Seven Day Listing Launch. It’s been trademarked because the system has been so successful for us.
We bring a property to the market much like Hollywood brings a movie to the theater. There’s got to be a very strategic plan of how that happens.
- Day one: we’re sending out invitations to everybody in the neighborhood inviting them to come to an open house
- Day two: we’re running ads on social media making sure that everybody in the area knows the home is for sale. We also target some of the other markets where people relocate from when they’re moving into San Diego.
- Day three: the property actually goes on the MLS and then when it goes on the MLS it syndicates to all the other websites, thousands and thousands of websites all across the country, all across the world really.
- Day four: we’re door knocking and giving invitations to everybody in the neighborhood making sure they know about the property.
- Day five: we’re calling, we’re texting, and we’re emailing everybody in the neighborhood letting them know about it.
- Day six: we’re doing a huge open house event. We’re bringing in food and drinks and it’s catered and we have a huge team working the event, I mean there’s music. It’s always a really good time.
- Day seven: we’re following up with everybody who came through that open house. A lot of the agents wait a couple days to follow up, if they ever follow up with the people who come through the open house, where we’re on it the very next day, as soon as the open house is over.
So by the time that seven day process is done, we are in their mailbox, we’re in their social media feed, we’re on all the big real estate websites if they’re doing any searching. They’ve got something at the door. They’ve gotten us on their phones, in their inboxes. They’ve seen our signs in the neighborhood. They’ve gotten follow up from us.
That’s the kind of plan that you need if you want to sell your home for top dollar and put tens of thousands of more dollars into your pocket. If that’s something you’re interested in learning more about we’d love to talk about our Seven Day Listing Launch that’s trademarked. Give me a call, Kyle Whissel at 858-699-3895. Thanks for watching.